Antioxidant properties, revives dull skin, beneficial for skin care, suitable for all skin types: the best ingredient for organic face oils!
Turmeric is a widely used ingredient in skincare because of it’s antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties which help keep skin healthy! Turmeric root oil is extracted from the roots of Turmeric. It contains a powerful antioxidant called curcumin that helps detoxify your body. It also prevents sun damage by shielding your skin from UV rays and reduces fine lines and wrinkles by tightening the collagen fibers beneath your skin.
Turmeric packs a punch
Turmeric is a spice that comes from the root of the Curcuma Longa plant. It has been used in cooking for centuries, but it is also known to have many health benefits. Turmeric root oil is made by extracting the essential oils from turmeric roots. The final product looks like liquid gold. It can be used as an ingredient in skincare products or topically on your skin!
Robust Anti-Inflammatory and Antiseptic
The skincare benefits of turmeric come from its main active ingredient, curcumin. Curcumin is a powerful anti-inflammatory, including alpha- and beta-curcumene, are known for their antibacterial properties.
- Redness: The anti-bacterial properties in the turmeric root oil can help kill bacteria. Thus clearing up existing redness, swelling, and skin irritations by calming down inflammation caused by bacteria on your skin.
- Acne: Turmeric root oil contains curcuminoids that have strong anti-inflammatory benefits. This makes it useful for treating inflammatory skin conditions like acne, eczema, rosacea and psoriasis. All of which are believed to be caused by inflammation.
- Skin cancer: Some research shows that turmeric may help prevent skin cancer caused by UV light exposure (ultraviolet radiation). A study published in 2019 by the National Library of Medicine found that curcuminoids inhibited the growth of certain kinds of human melanoma cells (skin cancer).
Turmeric root oil has anti-aging properties that help in reducing fine lines and wrinkles. It is enriched with Vitamin C, Vitamin E and niacinamide that nourish your skin from within. These vitamins also protect the skin from free radical damage and maintain a healthy cell turnover rate, thereby keeping your complexion fresh for long.
The antioxidants present in turmeric root oil can reduce the appearance of acne scars and pigmentation marks on your face. Antioxidants are chemical compounds that help to neutralize free radicals and protect against oxidative damage. Free radicals are produced as a byproduct of the body's natural processes, but they can also be created through exposure to UV light, pollution, cigarette smoke and other environmental toxins. When free radicals interact with other molecules in your body, they can cause cellular damage and premature aging of the skin. Antioxidants neutralize these dangerous molecules so that they don't pose a threat to your health.Turmeric Root Oil revives dull skin
Turmeric root oil is rich in vitamins C, E, and niacinamide that nourish your skin from within.
- Vitamin C is an important antioxidant that protects the body from free radical damage. It also promotes collagen production for keeping wrinkles at bay.
- Vitamin E is an antioxidant that prevents the breakdown of collagen and elastin.These two are essential components of youthful-looking skin. This means it can help prevent sagging and wrinkles too.
- Niacinamide is a form of vitamin B3 which helps repair damaged cells in your skin by increasing cell turnover rate; thus promoting healthy cell renewal to keep you looking young with less fine lines or wrinkles!
With so many benefits to reap from turmeric root oil, it is time to use this ingredient in your skincare routine. The best part is that it is used in many popular products. So if you are looking for an ingredient with multiple benefits and a long shelf life, this one's for you!